Thursday, March 26, 2009

Before and After

Usually when I cook, I am cooking for two. When you are the primary cook of the family, You are necessarily limited to what you can cook by the likes and dislikes of your audience. I happen to like several things that my bride does not. First and foremost is lamb. She views the ovine species as 'too cute to eat'. I view them as 'delicious'. So when the opportunity strikes I jump at the opportunity to eat something I don't get that often. So tonight in an attempt to battle a grey and dreary day I cooked up some Mediterranean goodness. Well I grilled some lamb and bought a ton of sides at the extensive olive bar at my local Kroger.




From Clockwise: Grilled garlic lamb chops, pickled veggies, stuffed pepper, dolmades, olives, and feta cheese.














The remains of a fine meal.

8 comments:

  1. 1. Does she go out often?
    2. If you ever need someone to help eat all that lamb, I'm there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's everything she hates! Too funny! does she know that you do this cause I can tell her :)

    Me too I am right there too anytime! It looks yummy!

    http://sprucehill.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arni! Poli kala! Bravo Coleman.
    Oxi kalaboyki?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first year Katie showed a lamb at the fair, the lamb did not come home. The lamb went to market, because that is where lambs go. She sat at the top of the lane crying and saying the following, " How would you like it if someone ate your best friend in the world". She is now almost 17, and she loves lamb. I hope you enjoyed with a nice red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious. glad my family loves lamb, especially on the grill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of Greek food. speaking of which, i hear you need to venture up to Greektown on the outskirts of Baltimore on Eastern Ave and check out the Acropolis and the Ikaros. I've heard they have great food, especially calamari. ((not sure if they serve lamb, but my guess would be yes.)) but mike and will are going to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When are you gonna post on this here little blog again? We are wondering.

    ReplyDelete