Thursday, February 5, 2009

We got some bacon going on around here

I figured I would start this thing out with an explosion. A BACON EXPLOSION!!! Apparently I found out about this the same week as the New York Times, the Today Show and USA today. As soon as I mentioned this at work, at the local pub, or online everyone had heard of it...but no one had actually tasted it. I take this kind of thing as a personal challange.




So basically you take a pound of bacon, weave it into a blanket then spread two pounds of Italian sausage on it. Top with more bacon some rub and bbq sauce then roll up into a log.








I cooked it off center heat in my charcoal grille at about 200 degrees, throwing hickory chips on the fire every so often for a nice smoky flavor.


The end result? Concentrated pork deliciousness. Not for the fainthearted. Possibly life shortening. Well worth it. I took it to a superbowl party and it was a big hit.

Will I make it again? Yes, but I'll give it a couple of years and make sure it's a special, special occasion.

7 comments:

  1. Great subject for your first post. It was delicious, despite the heart palpitations.

    Speaking of explosions, I could've sworn I'd given you a good name for this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was either this or 'Micah, Please' for the blogname

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still very very afraid of the Bacon Explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that name's got pizzazz! That's golden, Coleman. Golden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i come down to look at schools.........

    ReplyDelete